AIRMALL USA is spreading kindness to airport travelers by participating in International Random Acts of Kindness (RAK) Week. From February 9-15, 2015 AIRMALL and its tenants will be giving unexpected travelers surprises to brighten their day. Though it’s only at Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI), terminals B and E at Boston Logan International Airport (BOS), Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE), and Pittsburgh International Airport (PIT), we should all take advantage of RAK each and every day.
“Sometimes traveling can be stressful, and it has always been AIRMALL’s mission to help enhance and improve a traveler’s experience by making their time at the airport more enjoyable,” said Jay Kruisselbrink, senior vice president, AIRMALL USA. “That’s why we’re excited to participate in Random Acts of Kindness Week in an effort to do something special for travelers to help brighten their day. In turn, we hope that they will help to further spread kindness by doing something nice for someone else. Something as simple as smiling at a stranger can have a positive impact on both the giver and recipient.”
Not sure how to be kind during the busy day grind, here are 11 simple ways that can make someone’s day:
- Do you see someone with a stroller exiting or entering the subway but no elevator in sight? Lend an extra pair of hands and offer to help.
- Hold the door.
- Say hello to someone, even if you don’t know them.
- Offer your seat to someone, so they can sit beside someone they know.
- Help someone fit a bag into the overhead compartment.
- Say thank you to the above helper. Actually, say thank you to everyone who assists you that day, no matter how small. Even the cab driver who got lost twice.
- Compliment someone on a personality trait you admire in them, something they are wearing, or something outstanding they do.
- Give the homeless guy in front of your building your salade nicoise.
- Live or work in a doorman building. Talk to them and occasionally give them little gifts. Being a doorman is not easy.
- Have someone in an assistant position on your team, setup a time to get to know what they really want to do. The things you’ll learn will be surprising, the way you make them feel will last forever.
- And for all you people doing Fashion Week, just, be kind.
StyleCartel Giveaway – We want to share a bit of RAK with two readers. Tell us on Instagram what other ways you can show random acts of kindness to those around you, and you’ll be entered to win $100 AirMall gift certificate to use on your next trip. You have until February 25th, 11:59PM EDT to enter.