Celebrity stylist, Vanessa Heshima Sims gives us the low down on recreating Uzo Aduba’s Primetime Emmy’s chic side chignon.
Inspiration: “We were inspired by Grace Kelly and old Hollywood glamour.”
New T3 PROi Dryer
Motions Indulgent Oil Spray for Hair & Scalp
Motions Versatile Foam Styling Lotion
T3 Twirl 360 Auto-Rotating 1.25” Curling Iron
T3 Twirl Convertible (1” Clip Barrel)
Motions Straight Finish Leave-In Conditioner
T3 SinglePass 2 Flat Iron
T3 Anti-Gravity 2” Barrel Brush
Motions Light Hold Working Spritz
Bungee ponytail holder
- Use Motions Versatile Foam Styling Lotion and Motions Straight Finish Leave-In Conditioner on wet hair and use the T3 Anti-Gravity 2” Barrel Brush and the T3 PROi Dryer to blow out the hair.
- Next spray Motions Light Hold Working Spritz and wrap sections of hair around the 1” clip barrel from T3’s Convertible Collection on the pieces of hair framing the face, alternating the directions of the curls as you go. Pin each curl and allow it set.
- Moving to the back of the head, take 1 ½ inch sections and alternate between the 1” clip barrel and the 1.25” Twirl 360 Curling Iron, pinning the curls as you continue.
- To smooth the edges around hairline and nape, use the T3 SinglePass 2 flat iron.
- Once the curls are cooled, remove the pins and let the waves fall. Use a wide tooth comb to create a side part and gently comb through the waves.
- Slowly gather hair into a low side ponytail. Secure ponytail with a bungee strap
- Pin the curls up with 3” pins and finish with Motions Indulgent Oil Spray for Hair & Scalp to add shine