Haider Ackermann’s Fall/Winter 2015 collection showcased intricate stitching of colorful threads haphazardly sewn throughout each garment. Playing off these details, Aveda Guest Artist, Kamo, created a punk rock hairstyle with threaded needlework throughout the hair. “This woman is a party girl who has no problem rocking day-after hair from a long night of carousing,” Kamo said.
This definitely isn’t a look for everyday or everyone, similar to Ackerman’s on fashion identity, but it is for those who live on the edge, even once in a blue moon. And thanks to Aveda, you can. They’ve given us the 411 on how to recreate this soft punk style à votre maison.
- Set a styling foundation by misting Pure Abundance Style-Prep throughout the hair.
- Taking a generous amount of Phomollient Styling Foam in hands, warm up the product in palms and then distribute throughout the hair, being sure to cover each strand.
- Blow dry hair using the hands to help add volume and texture.
- Let hair lie with no visible part and mold around face; begin to add dimension with a crimping iron by clamping small sections of hair 2-3 inches apart throughout the head.
- Start crafting a punk style with the hands and intermittently using Air Control Hair Spray to hold the created shapes.
- Once the shape is achieved, take small sections of hair on the right side and weave strands with thread going upwards creating haphazard braid-like patterns; repeat on the other side.
- Set the look with a final spritz of Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray.