The dress was quite Grecian. She [Emily] wanted to look fresh and young [and] braids gives a younger feeling. It was a softer texture.
Did we forget to mention Laini Reeves is also the genius behind many of Emily Blunt’s looks? Well, now you know. Sunday night, Emily gave Aphrodite a run for her money in that Michael Kors number, but it was truly the braids that brought the entire look together. Below you’ll find step-by-step instructions on how to channel your inner Goddess, click links to purchase products needed via Birchbox.com, and of course, a close-up of Emily’s finished look courtesy of Laini!
Serge Normant Dream Big Instant Volumizing Spray
Malin+Goetz Sage Styling Creme
Small Hair Ties
STEP BY STEP DIRECTIONS
- From damp hair use the Malin+Goetz Sage Styling Creme
- With the tail comb make a center part
- Power dry the hair
- When dry apply the Serge Normant Dream Big Volume Spray then power dry again to create a tousled texture, this will help hold the braid
- Do an inside out braid to the nape of the neck and repeat on the other side
- Cross over at the nape
- Secure with Bobbi pins
- Spray once again for hold