Hair Inspiration: Kevin Ryan and Frank Rizzieri, AVEDA Guest Artists
“This is the street-vibe version of that classic Hollywood starlet look with elegant waves and a deep side part,” Ryan said. “This look is strong, vibrant and modern.”
Jenny Packham Autumn/Winter 2016 collection derives inspiration from the hedonistic club scene of the 80s and 90s displaying dramatic gowns and cocktail dresses eye-catching details of beads, ruffles and shimmer.
- Starting on wet hair, create a deep side part on the left side.
- Prep hair with Aveda Thickening Tonic and blow dry hair straight and smooth.
- With hair dry, pull out a 3-inch section of hair from the part on the top right side.
- Lightly mist the section with Aveda Air Control™ Hair Spray and wrap it around a double-barrel iron, (½ inch barrel size each), from the top of the part down 4 inches.
- Do this for two more sections deep in same location. Let the waves cool before loosely combing out to expand wider.
- Light spray hair with Aveda Brilliant™ Spray-On Shine to set a glossy finish to the hair.
Runway and backstage images courtesy of Mode Hunter.